FUTURE SUPPLY CHAIN STARS SCHOLARSHIPS
Attention: All CSCMP Chicago Roundtable Future Supply Chain Stars 2013-2014 Scholarship Competition Applicants
This year, continuing its tradition, the CSCMP Chicago Roundtable board will award two scholarships. One graduate and one undergraduate student will each receive:
- A $3,500 cash award
- A one-year free student membership to CSCMP
- Submission of their resume in the student portfolio booklet provided to each attendee at the annual all day Chicago Roundtable Spring Seminar.
Students at all levels are encouraged to apply by submitting an application portfolio at email@example.com
This competition is open to all colleges and universities in the Chicago area. The education committee of the Chicago Roundtable will make the final decision on the scholarship winners.
- Applicants must be students that have completed or are currently enrolled in at least one Supply chain management (SCM)/logistics related course and have an interest in a career in the SCM/logistics industry.
- Applicants can be in any academic year of their program.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 for undergraduates; 3.5 for graduate students.
- Applicants must submit an original essay on a topic directly related to the SCM/logistics field.
- Applicants must submit a personal portfolio as defined below.
Individual Essay Requirements:
- Essay topics must be relevant to current times and significance to the supply chain community.
- Essays must not exceed 1000 words.
- Essays must be typed, double-spaced.
- Essays must solely represent the original work of the applicant (consultations with the school’s sponsoring official or other designated advisor are acceptable).
- All reference sources must be properly cited and footnoted.
- Current resume.
- Unofficial transcript from currently enrolled academic institution.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members and/or employer.
- Relevance and significance to the supply chain community of selected topic.
- Coherence of arguments presented.
- Evidence of critical thinking and analysis.
- Literacy skills (grammar, spelling, etc.).
- Originality of topic, analysis, and presentation.
APPLICANTS MUST ASSEMBLE THEIR PORTFOLIO INTO DIGITAL FORMAT (Adobe PDF or MS Word preferred) AND FORWARD TO THE CSCMP EDUCATION COMMITTEE firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN 5PM ON 2/28/2014
Award recipients will be notified by 03/28/14 and awards will be distributed at the annual all day Chicago Roundtable Spring Seminar on 04/08/14. Attendance at the seminar will be free for the winner at each level.
CSCMP Chicago Education Committee
Amber Romano, CSCMP Chicago Chair