Attention: Future Supply Chain Star Scholarship Applicants from ALL Colleges and Universities in the Chicago Area
The Chicago Roundtable of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) organization is pleased to continue its commitment to academic excellence in the study of supply chain management. This 2015/2016-program year, CSCMP Chicago is partnering with the Materials Handling & Management Society (MHMS) to offer two scholarship opportunities to aspiring supply chain professionals in the Chicago area. Each scholarship winner will receive:
- A $3,500 scholarship
- A one-year free student membership to CSCMP
- A lifetime membership to MHMS
- Submission of his or her resume on the CSCMP Chicago Annual Seminar event application and made available for distribution to participating companies at CSCMP’s Annual Conference Job Fair
- CSCMP Chicago Annual Seminar Attendance (June 15, 2016 in Naperville, IL)
- CSCMP Annual Conference Attendance (September 25-28, 2016 in Orlando, FL) Including: Conference Registration Fees, Hotel, Airfare from Chicago (ORD/MDW) to Orlando, FL
CSCMP Chicago will make all arrangements for membership and event registration, hotel and air travel on behalf of the student.
>>>> Total Scholarship Package Value: $7,500 <<<<
The winner(s) will receive a one-time academic scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses, including: tuition, fees, and on-campus room and board for the 2015-2016 academic year. Payments will be made payable to the school on the student’s behalf, and will be mailed after June 29, 2016.
This competition is open to all colleges and universities in the Chicago area. Students at all levels are encouraged to apply by submitting an application portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Education Committee of the Chicago Roundtable will make the final decision on the scholarship winners.
- Applicants must be students that have completed or are currently enrolled in at least one Supply Chain Management (SCM)/Logistics related course and have an interest in a career in the SCM/Logistics industry.
- Applicants can be in any academic year of their program.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 for undergraduate students; 3.5 for graduate students.
- Applicants must submit an original essay on a topic directly related to the SCM/logistics field.
- Applicants must submit a personal portfolio as defined below.
Individual Essay Requirements (Must be submitted in MS Word format):
- Essay topics must be relevant to current times and significant to the supply chain community.
- Essays must not exceed 1000 words.
- Essays must be typed, double-spaced.
- Essays must solely represent the original work of the applicant (consultations with the school’s sponsoring official or other designated advisor are acceptable).
- All reference sources must be properly cited and footnoted.
Portfolio Requirements (MS Word or PDF preferred):
- Current resume.
- Unofficial transcript from currently enrolled academic institution.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members and/or employer.
- Relevance and significance to the supply chain community of selected topic.
- Coherence of arguments presented.
- Evidence of critical thinking and analysis.
- Literacy skills (grammar, spelling, etc.).
- Originality of topic, analysis, and presentation.
Deadline: April 11, 2016 at 5:00 pm
APPLICANTS MUST ASSEMBLE THEIR PORTFOLIO INTO A DIGITAL FORMAT AND FORWARD TO THE CSCMP EDUCATION COMMITTEE AT email@example.com NO LATER THAN 5PM ON 4/11/2016.
Winners will be notified by 05/27/2016 by telephone and/or email. Winners are responsible for paying all costs and expenses related to the prizes that are not specifically mentioned, including but not limited to taxes. Winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. Any prize won by a minor in any state where the age of majority is not 18 will be awarded to such minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return any required documentation.
Download Scholarship pdf here: Scholarship Award 2016
We look forward to receiving your application!
CSCMP Chicago Scholarship Committee
Brett Bollinger, CSCMP Chicago Scholarship Chair