CSCMP Mission & Goals
To lead the evolving supply chain management profession by developing, advancing, and disseminating supply chain knowledge and research. CSCMP Vision The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals is the preeminent worldwide professional association of supply chain management professionals. CSCMP exists to:
- Provide opportunities for supply chain professionals to communicate in order to develop and improve their supply chain management skills
- Identify and conduct research which adds to the knowledge base of supply chain theory and practice
- Create awareness of the significance of supply chain to business and to the economy
CSCMP is not:
- A trade association, social organization, or high-density market, so we do not condone suppliers who use the organization to promote their services
- Aligned with shippers, carriers, warehouse operators, material handling equipment manufacturers, consultants, or any other similar industrial grouping
- An organization that engages in matters where various members have contrary interests
- An organization that endorses, sanctions, or discourages supply chain-related legislation, products, or services
CSCMP Values As a professional not-for-profit organization, the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals holds these values:
- We operate with the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- We are committed to the individual professional development of our members.
- We are an inclusive organization, open to all who wish to enhance their supply chain management knowledge.
- We endeavor to be the supply chain management thought leaders by encouraging, promoting, and disseminating leading edge products and services.
- We endeavor to offer products and services of the highest quality.
CSCMP Goals 1) Provides leadership in developing, defining, understanding, and enhancing the logistics and supply chain management profession.
- Retain and Recruit Members
- Be a source of high quality information
2) Enhances member value through education, networking, research, communication, and other services
- Support global roundtables
- Provide and promote high quality education to help our members and improve the profession
- Provide and promote high quality education and member networking opportunities through an annual educational conference
- Provide and promote high quality research to help our members and improve the profession
- Communicate effectively with all constituents
3) Operates with sound business practices.
- Be a flexible and responsive professional association
- Provide necessary infrastructure to support the association’s vision, mission and goals
- Utilize sound financial practices